Who says ornaments are JUST for the holidays? When I go window shopping, I love to linger on all the small details, the little goodies, that are scattered throughout. Balls and baubles, bells and trinkets and then it hit me, I can make my own little crocheted darlings! I can string them, hang them, pin them and stick them all over my house, heck, even the dog should beware.
I’ve started making ornaments to hang around my home and share with friends. This is such a wonderful purpose for our handiwork. Ornaments are simple to make, are not limited to types of yarn or even color schemes. It would be virtually impossible not to find a place to display one of these Lovelies. A drawer pull, door knob or a cup hook.
The ones pictured here were just done free form but I see tons of great patterns online for ornaments. Don’t miss out on one of the easiest handmade gifts to give someone this year.
Here are some links to ornaments that I found online by some really great folks:
- Christmas Wreath by Blackstone Designs
- My own little star, made for Moogly blog.
- Adorable tiny little mug ornament by Frayed Knot.
- Cluster Snowflakes by Danyel Pink Designs.
- Lacy heart pattern by me.
- Ray of Hope Star by Heritage Heartcraft.
- Little Red Sleigh by Crystalized Designs.