Welcome Fellow Craftgawkers! Thanks for following the link back here. Please come on by and visit me on Facebook as well.
Oh yes, I made another one. This one holds more, looks prettier and has an attached sewing needle and scissors holder. The scissors are held to the flower with a very strong magnet that’s been sewn into the center. Prepare to be amazed…
- I chained 32 (more or less depending on how many hooks you want this to hold)
- Insert hook into 2nd chain from hook and sc in each stitch, ch 1, turn
- Back post sc each st in row, ch 1, turn
- Repeat row 3 until you have created a piece of fabric that is wide enough to cover at least 2/3 the length of your hooks
- When the body is finished, fill with hooks, roll up, and create a loop closure on the end and place a button on the body where the closure meets.
- Embellish! I created a small flower to act as the needle holder and a large flower to adorn the outside. And I used some of my clay buttons of course.
Original post found here