Madlandia Trading Company
The SETTINGS must be filled out for you to receive payment and ship products.
Dashboard Help & FAQ's
This page is your control panel over all of your products, settings, coupons and more. This panel is here to help answer questions you might have while setting up and adding products.
Everything you need to run your shop in our Marketplace can be found in your Dashboard. As you fill out the information on the left, please use these help tabs if you get stuck or have a question.
We’ve done our best to anticipate questions you may have but if something is still unclear, please drop us a line and we’ll get back to you asap. (Currently “us” is Charissa and her monkeys, so please be patient.)
The Dashboard tab gives you access to a snapshot of what is going on in your account. Orders, products, and finances are all right there in one place.
In the Products tab on your Dashboard, you can manage all the products that you’ve already added to the Marketplace and easily add more.
When adding a new product, be sure to fill out each section of the product upload wizard so that shoppers will have all the information they need to make a purchasing decision. Use the toggles below for more information on each step of adding products.
Simple names that use a few keywords will do. Long names may overlap the prices in the marketplace pages.
In this section, you can give as much detail in your description as you think a shopper might need to make a decision. Describe your product, it’s texture, fit, purpose, making process, etc.. The more detail you offer, the more informed shoppers will be for purchasing decisions.
Product Short Description
This blurb about the product displays immediately next to the Featured image in your listings. A clean concise description is best here. If shoppers want further information, they can refer to the full product description below the product gallery.
This is a very important section! Please choose several categories appropriate to your item so that shoppers can find your amazing listings. Categories are used by this site to organize and group items when shoppers perform searches.
Tags are simply keywords that describe your product in detail. Does one of the purses you listed have butterflies on the fabric? Make sure you add “butterflies” to your keywords for that listing and so on. This is where you enter descriptors that set this item apart from other items listed in the shop. Tags help bring your item up in customer searches.
This image will be the one that shows in the marketplace catalog pages and will be the premiere image in your listing. It displays first and largest, so make this a good one!
Please read the Photo Tips tab in this help module for more details.
You can add up to six gallery images which will display under the Featured Image of your listing. When the images are clicked, an elegant pop-up gallery slider is activated so shoppers can view all of your listing photos in a larger format.
Please read the Photo Tips tab in this help module for more details.
Indicate the selling price of your item here. In addition, if you would like to run a sale on a listing, you can put in the Sale price as well as the duration of the sale. The sale beginning and end dates can be accessed via the “Schedule” link under the “Sale” field. Very handy for new releases and holiday items!
The Inventory Tab allows you control over different aspects of inventory management.
Checking the “Manage Stock” checkbox allows you to input a specific amount of inventory for that product while letting your customers know how many are in stock.
Currently, sold items will remain in the Marketplace but will display an “Out of Stock” message for shoppers.
Checking the “Sold Individually” checkbox will ensure that only one of this item will be listed in the Marketplace and there will be no option for a shopper to add multiples to their cart.
Attributes allow you to create ONE listing for a product that might come in different sizes, colors, etc..
We will continue to add attribute options as our marketplace expands.
Product photography is both an art and a science. We certainly don’t expect everyone to have amazing photography skills or professional grade equipment but we do expect a few things from your photos. Here are our expectations and tips on how to meet them:
- Models: Remember, your product should be the star of your photos. No matter how lovely or adorable your model is, focus on your product first.
- Backgrounds: It is not necessary for you to “white out” or use a lightbox to isolate and remove the background from your images. We are not competing with the giants of ecommerce, nor do we want to adopt their formulas for our marketplace. Be natural, show your product in a natural setting. If you are selling pillows, show them on a bed or couch, or being cuddled by a cutie. Let you customers imagine themselves in real life settings that will entice them to buy.
- Lighting: Avoid artificial light. Avoid artificial light. Avoid artificial light. It has to be said, maybe even three times… Artificial light NEVER provides a warm cozy feelings for shoppers. It casts harsh shadows, false colors and nearly always misrepresents your products. If there is not enough light inside for good, flash-free photography, take your work outside. The shade of a tree or a porch or a well windowed room will give you a much better result than the harshness of flash photography or the graininess of low light. Photos are all about the light!
- Filters: Please avoid using filters since they often alter colors. Remember, your photos are to help you sell your items. Shoppers need to be authentically informed before they can make a purchasing decision, inform them visually with real representations of your work.
- Overlays and Watermarks: You are welcome to use watermarks on your photos! We encourage it. Many of your photos will find their way to our social media feeds and we would love to cross promote your business in this way. While we invite you to use watermarks, please avoid using other text overlays. If your item is on sale, the listing will show that and our “Sale” section will include the item (as long as you used the “sale price” feature on the General tab to include a sale price). There is no need for you to create a specific graphic or graphical photo to market your sale. Images, especially Feature images, should include a watermark at most so that our catalog is clean and lovely for our shoppers to browse.
- Please do NOT upload graphics to your gallery. If you are selling something with a graphical element (perhaps a silk-screened garment that you made) we want you to post a photo of the actual garment itself.
- Please do NOT post advertisements in your galleries or as featured images. We want our shoppers to see great pictures of products in and well displayed, we do not want them bombarded with advertisements.
- Image Quality: Image quality concerns the digital quality of the image as it is displayed on a monitor or screen. Your image files should be large enough to display without pixelation, grain, or blur. (We recommend your files be between 600-1000 pixels wide.)
- No Mature Content: Our marketplace is a family friendly, all ages marketplace. Please do not post photos in your listings of mature or risque content. Such photos/listings will be deleted without your permission.
If your photos are poor in quality, composition, or violate the graphic limitations, we will give you a tap on the shoulder and refer you back to this section so you can correct the listing. If you do not respond right away to fixing the issues, we will either delete the offending images or unpublish your listing until you can rectify the issue.
The Orders tab is where you can see and track your sales. You can run a report for a certain period of time (just enter in the start and end dates) and you can even export your report as a csv file for your bookkeeping. Handy!
In this tab, you can name (or rename) your Merchant/Shop title. This title is displayed on your products in a “Sold by___” label for every one of your listings. It is suggested that you use your current business name here.
You will also set your shop shipping address here. This will help our site determine whether to charge international shipping or domestic shipping on customer orders.
Please enter your valid PayPal email address.
Madlandia Trading Company does not hold payments made to you in our marketplace. All money passes from the customer, directly to your PayPal account (minus your commission fee). Orders cannot be completed without your payment information.
Shipping tab: Set the price for both the National and International shipping rate for your listing. You also have the option of disabling International shipping.
Two things to consider when setting shipping rates:
1-If you want to allow one shipping charge for multiples of the same item, you can check the “Charge once per product for national shipping, even if more than one is purchased” in the Shipping options.
2-BUT if someone orders different products from you, they will be charged the shipping cost for each type of product they order. So if they buy a hat and a sweater from you, they will be charged the hat shipping and the sweater shipping costs together. There is currently no option to set a shipping maximum per merchant. (New shipping options are coming soon, we’ve got monkeys working on this problem as we speak).
Because of this limitation, we ask that you charge lower shipping costs per item to encourage multiple item orders in your shop.
What are your customers saying about you?
The Ratings tab will allow you to see reviews and ratings from customers.
Merchants must maintain a four star or better rating to stay in the MTC markeplace. (Five star is the highest possible rating). This is an elite selling venue and with limited spaces, we only have room for the very best product quality and customer care. (Ratings will be assessed after five reviews have been submitted by customers. All Merchants start out with a “5 Star” rating in our marketplace.)
Here are the top five criteria that Shoppers use to rate Merchants:
- Communication-Make sure to answer questions shoppers might have and offer as much detail in your product descriptions as you can. Also, make sure you use all seven photo slots for your product listings. This will ensure that you have communicated everything you can about your products to our eager shoppers.
- Product Quality-Heirloom quality, well made goods will certainly lead to great reviews and ratings. Tell Shoppers a bit about your process in your listing descriptions, let them know what they are paying for.
- Truthful Representation-This is about describing your product accurately and taking high quality photos to represent your goods. Attributes such as color, size, dimensions, shape, function, etc., should be well described and accurate so that Shoppers can buy with confidence.
- Pricing-Fair pricing is important for both Shopper and Merchant. Think upon the word “value” as you price your items. Price so that you make a profit and so that the customer feels they have received a good value for their dollar. Value relates to an item’s worth, not an item’s cost. If you as a Merchant provide high quality original items, Shoppers will pay a fair price for the value they attribute to quality, originality and handmade items. Don’t undersell your work! But don’t assume that it’s valuable just because it’s handmade either. Quality, design, artistry and originality coupled with being handmade are what makes truly valuable items.
- Customer Care & Service-Pleasant interactions with customers, open communication, prompt delivery, careful packaging, fair pricing, quality goods and much more all fall into the realm of Customer Care & Service.
You have the ability to create custom coupons for your shop at any time.
You can choose which items to apply your coupon to or create a storewide coupon. You also have the ability to set expiration dates, minimum purchase requirements, usage restriction and usage limitations.
Simply fill out the form in the Coupon tab of the Merchant Dashboard to set up your buyer incentives and start selling!
There are any number of occasions that you might want to offer coupons or discounts on your items, but it all comes down to one thing: marketing.
New product types, holidays, seasonal and limited time offers are just a few reasons that businesses offer discounts. Discounts reward your current customers and entice window shoppers to become new customers.