Google+

Deeper into the Madness

For exactly one year now I’ve been sharing with you. We’ve talked crochet, recipes, gardening, Santa, Solomon and chocolate. And yet I’ve been holding back a little. I would also like to share more of my LIFE. And that means, my family. You Wonderful People have all become this Wonderful Community of Folks, interacting, recommending, listening and sharing. I love it. It’s so much more than the original, blurry vision I had for this blog.

I’m not going to be famous. Not a famous cook, crocheter or comedian, but when you put it all together, stir some lumpy kids into the pot, a Lumberjack for flavor and God for a binder, it makes for a tasty recipe. And that is what I want to share more of, with you.

MadMadme will still have all the same stuff, the recipes, the patterns and the (ehem, unfinished) projects but it’s going to get a bit more colorful. Because it’s not the yarn, the flowers and the food that make my life bright, it’s the tiny faces, giant eyes and squishy hearts of the ones that love me, even when I’m a bit dull and dusty, even when I’ve retreated to a dark corner. They fill up the spaces with joy, they make me laugh and then tease me about how I do it. They fill my heart and break it, over and over again. They are my world, and I am honored to be a part of theirs. And they are a gift straight from Heaven. It is only right that I share more of THEM with the world.

So let’s start now with a few photos of tonight. Tonight, we went to a hip little area in near Vanderbilt University for dinner. We ate amazing food, laughed too loud and drank WAY too much coffee. It was cold outside but my soul was on fire with love for my clan, strange how a meal and conversation can pick you up and set you on a hill, how it can alter your perception, change your perspective and make you an evangelist for Love.

The scene…

The coffee…

My Lumberjack…
My Pride…
My Joy…
My Boy…
The food…

The season…

Pin It
BACK TO TOP CONTACT ME EMAIL POST TO FRIEND
DeAnna - November 23, 2012 - 10:21 pm

Great time of the year for you to go deeper. :-) Beautiful just beautiful…your family is! Happy Thanksgiving to you and them.

Lois Blanchard - November 23, 2012 - 10:22 pm

I am so looking forward to you sharing more of what makes you you! FB has closed gaps that would normally be huge for all of us! We make new friends and find lost ones, it’s wonderful!

madme - November 23, 2012 - 10:22 pm

Thank you for reading DeAnna, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you.

Tracey - November 23, 2012 - 10:23 pm

Beautiful family. I have 2 boys and a girl. Today my girl is 25. Monday my oldest son will be 24, and then there is the baby, literally. He is 3 1/2. My husband is also in the forest industry, but he is on the finishing end of the wood. I love your Facebook posts. You really are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

madme - November 23, 2012 - 10:25 pm

Lois you are such a Sweetie. You are an important part of the community I was talking about. I love that you are here and on FB and hanging in for all the Madness. Thank you!

the Lumberjack - November 23, 2012 - 10:26 pm

My dear Mad Mad one; you always express yourself so well I love your writing and I especially love you.

madme - November 23, 2012 - 10:30 pm

Tracey, thank you so much for jumping in and being a part of the Mad Friend Brigade! My husband is actually an IT guy, but his heart is the wild. Last year we moved to the country and he was chopping wood and for the first time in 20 years, I saw him in his element. From that day forward, he’s been affectionately referred to as my Lumberjack.

madme - November 23, 2012 - 10:31 pm

Muah!!!!

Karri - November 23, 2012 - 10:53 pm

You have a very beautiful family!

Elaine S - November 23, 2012 - 11:09 pm

Has it been a year already? A year since I begged you to take shelter when there were a lot of scary tornadoes in your area and you said you would wait for your husband to come home from work? You scared me to death, California girl!! I prayed a lot that night and then thanked God for a week straight that you didn’t get blown away to Oz!! I love your writing, your creative spirit, your colorful crocheting and your heart.

madme - November 23, 2012 - 11:30 pm

Elaine! Yes, it’s been a year, just over actually, but you’re right. I do not have a proper respect for the weather here yet. And I appreciate your prayers more than you know. The entire land of Middle TN was spared that night due to your prayers!!

Mandy - November 24, 2012 - 7:13 am

I love your writing, photography, crocheting, and your love of family!!! I can’t wait to read more this coming year. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

P.S. I was reading through the comments and The Lumberjack may be the sweetest man alive :) Nice catch ;)

Carol - November 24, 2012 - 10:10 am

Love this glimpse into the next phase of your blogging. Have I ever told you I wish you were my neighbor!? Great family! I don’t blog but if anyone were able to inspire me to do such a thing, you would be my inspiration.

Claudia Marley - November 24, 2012 - 11:04 am

Thank you for sharing your pictures, that’s what life’s all about.

madme - November 24, 2012 - 6:17 pm

Thank you so much Carol!!!! Wouldn’t it be great if we could pick our neighbors?

madme - November 24, 2012 - 6:19 pm

Thank you so much Mandy!! I know I’ve got a special guy and a special family. Happy EVERYTHING to you as well, thanks for reading.

Lori - November 24, 2012 - 7:19 pm

What a great tribute to your wonderful family! So glad you topped off this holiday with such joy and peace!!

madme - November 24, 2012 - 7:43 pm

God is good.

Mandy - November 29, 2012 - 10:39 am

SO exciting , especially for this time of year :D thank you so muhc for the chance to win something handmade :D

Martha Andriekus - December 2, 2012 - 7:04 pm

Love this group….why can’t I be ten years younger at heigth of home crafting?

madme - December 2, 2012 - 9:05 pm

I wish all of this was happening in my life when my girls were little and I would have been able to lavish all this crafty goodness on them.

Helen S - December 7, 2012 - 2:21 pm

I have just discovered your blog. What a beautiful post about your family. I will have to read more of what you have been doing. Thank you.

Kathy Minton - December 29, 2012 - 9:41 am

You have a beautiful family. I know they are proud of you as well. Thank you for sharing.

Happy New Year to you all.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *